It’s Kentucky State Fair time again and KCADP will be there to meet and invite other Kentuckians to work together to end the death penalty in our state. The Fair follows the successful August 1 meeting of the Ky. General Assembly’s Judiciary committee where faith leaders and victim family members spoke eloquently in support of repealing this law.
KCADP staff is grateful for all the help being given to this State Fair effort by the organizational members listed below. Members of these groups will be in the booth on the dates listed. Readers who belong to one of these groups and want to help can click on the name and sign up to help. If your group’s slots are all filled, you are certainly welcome to sign up and help on another day.
- August 14-Kentuckians For The Commonwealth
- August 15-KY Council of Churches
- August 16-U of L Peace and Justice Student Group
- August 17-Ky. Coalition to Abolish Death Penalty
- August 18-American Civil Liberties Union of Ky.
- August 19-Catholic Diocese of Lexington
- August 20-Quakers
- August 21-NAACP
- August 22-Murder Victims’ Family Members for Reconciliation
- August 23-Catholic Conference of Ky.
- August 24-Conservatives Concerned About The Death Penalty
Volunteers who work a shift in the booth receive a pass allowing them free parking and free entry to the State Fair. We need outgoing, friendly folks who do not engage in arguing with those who disagree with us. It is fine to disagree. We are looking to educate Kentuckians who have not given much thought to the death penalty. When provided information many of them will support repeal.
If you use social media like Facebook, Twitter, and others, it helps to use this hashtag – #KYRepeal – if you are talking about ending the #deathpenalty in Kentucky.
Photo: courtesy of Pat Delahanty, Riverbirch Productions
See you at the Fair.