To abolish the death penalty in Kentucky
To assemble a broad-based coalition of individuals and organizations committed to ending the death penalty in Kentucky by
- educating residents of the commonwealth about why it is in their best interest to abolish the death penalty
- organizing and mobilizing throughout the commonwealth
- engaging in advocacy efforts that move constituents to persuade the governor and the General Assembly to abolish the death penalty
- Perseverance—We are dedicated to the ongoing work necessary to abolish the death penalty; until that goal is possible, we are willing to bring about small changes that eventually will lead to the abolition of the death penalty.
- Broad tent—We recognize that ending the death penalty in Kentucky requires the shared knowledge, resources, and efforts of many; we strive to establish alliances with diverse individuals and organizations with related missions to advance our cause.
- Credibility—We conduct ourselves with uncompromising integrity and honesty, striving to earn enduring credibility with others, which is essential to long-term success.